By Louise Tucker 3rd edition.
An introductory guide to massage is an essential textbook for all those studying towards Level 3 qualifications in body massage.
It meets the requirements of City & Guilds, ITEC and VTCT syllabuses and provides the underpinning knowledge and skills needed for successful massage treatments.
The classical techniques that form the basis of most massage systems are thoroughly explained, and the student is introduced to the different types of massage practiced by complementary, spa and sports therapists.
This practical reference also has detailed sections on preparing for treatments, consulting with clients and record-keeping, together with an overview of other therapies that are compatible with massage.
- Clear photographs of each massage movement
- Step-by-step routines and sequences
- Treatment case studies, working practices and professional requirements
This new 3rd edition now includes:
- A section on massage in a care setting
- Enhanced information on massage mediums
- An expanded index
- A revised chapter summarizing other complementary therapies
Christmas delivery and opening hours
Ensure you place your order online by 6.00pm on Tuesday 22 December 2020 for pre-Christmas delivery. All orders placed after 3.00pm on Wednesday 23 December 2020 will be despatched on Monday 4 January 2021.
Please note according to the dates listed above orders will despatch for same day, however next day delivery cannot be guaranteed due to the demands our delivery partner are experiencing during this time.
Phone lines will be closed from 4.00pm on Wednesday 23 December 2020 and will re-open on Monday 4 January 2021.
Delivery UK mainland
We aim to despatch all orders for next day delivery during VAT free promotions, but this cannot be guaranteed. Please allow up to five working days for deliveries placed over VAT free promotional events due to the larger volume of orders we receive.
Order by 6pm for next day delivery* at no additional charge.
We aim to despatch all orders placed by 6pm however please allow up to two working days for delivery.
- UK mainland standard items delivery – £3.95
- UK mainland standard items over £50.00† – free
- UK mainland pallet delivery (kerbside only) for large and heavy items e.g. furniture – £45.00
- UK mainland delivery and installation service – quoted on request
- UK offshore delivery including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Republic of Ireland (Eire) – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Worldwide delivery – from £45.00 per order or free over €200.00
- Visit our delivery and returns page for more information.
Delivery UK Offshore
*Monday to Thursday only
†UK mainland only, excludes large items of equipment. Subtotal must exceed £50.00 (excl. VAT and promotions)
**Excludes all items of furniture: couches, trolleys, chairs and stools, screens, nail stations etc.
There’s nothing more exciting than planning new equipment for your salon. We offer a range of leasing solutions that will help spread the cost and enable you to furnish your salon with the furniture and equipment you desire.
- Unique and significant tax savings. The cost of leasing can be less than buying outright for cash
- Spread the cost and the VAT. Most customers can lease 100% of the cost and spread across the lease term
- Peace of mind. Leave your cash reserve alone for unplanned emergencies
Please note, to qualify for finance and leasing solutions, your order should reach a minimum spend of £1000 on equipment/furniture.