The Theory and Practice of Therapeutic Massage, 5th Edition by Mark F. Beck is the classic text in the massage industry including the essential knowledge and skills needed to become a successful, professional massage therapist, plus the essentials of anatomy and physiology. Essential topics to the industry such as ethics, hygiene, communication skills, and body mechanics are discussed. Full-color illustrations and photographs clearly illustrate techniques and procedures. Classical massage is expanded with clinical techniques including neuromuscular and myofascial techniques, and lymph massage, combined to better serve the client by following therapeutic procedures. Numerous career tracts are explored including massage in a spa environment and athletic massage. A new chapter discusses massage for special populations including pre-natal, infant, elder, critically ill, people with cancer, and hospice. The final chapter has been revised to cover business practices for finding employment or successful self-employment.
Delivery UK mainland
Order by 6pm for next day delivery* at no additional charge
We aim to despatch orders by 6pm however please allow up to 48 hours.
- UK mainland standard items delivery – £3.95
- UK mainland standard items over £50.00† – free
- UK mainland pallet delivery (kerbside only) for large and heavy items e.g. furniture – £45.00
- UK mainland delivery and installation service – quoted on request
- UK offshore delivery including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Republic of Ireland (Eire) – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Worldwide delivery – from £45.00 per order or free over €200.00
- Visit our delivery and returns page for more information.
Delivery UK Offshore
*Monday to Thursday only
†UK mainland only, excludes large items of equipment. Subtotal must exceed £50.00 (excl. VAT and promotions)
**Excludes all items of furniture: couches, trolleys, chairs and stools, screens, nail stations etc.
There’s nothing more exciting than planning new equipment for your salon. We offer a range of leasing solutions that will help spread the cost and enable you to furnish your salon with the furniture and equipment you desire.
- Unique and significant tax savings. The cost of leasing can be less than buying outright for cash
- Spread the cost and the VAT. Most customers can lease 100% of the cost and spread across the lease term
- Peace of mind. Leave your cash reserve alone for unplanned emergencies
Please note, to qualify for finance and leasing solutions, your order should reach a minimum spend of £1000 on equipment/furniture.