If you’re looking for creativity and limitless colour possibilities, then look no further than Majirel. A permanent, true-to-tone hair colour that provides rich, deep and intense long-lasting results. Highly concentrated in caring agents and leaving hair 45% more conditioned after colour*, Majirel is a first for professional hair colour.
With over 150 shades in colour coded packaging, it’s easier than ever to create limitless colour combinations perfect for a wide range of clients. An essential for your salon or mobile kit. We all want to deliver perfect colour results and a brilliant shine after all, so make sure you are stocked up and prepared for every client.
Carry on reading to learn how Majirel can be used to achieve intense and long-lasting results for your clients, with inspiration and tips on how to use each type of product range for an incredible variety of on-trend looks.
Majirel product range
Each Majirel range boasts a variety of different benefits that can tackle common client concerns, personalising colour saturation, tone and finish and always delivering long-lasting, healthier-looking hair.
- Majirel Fundamentals
- Maji Contrast
- Majirel Cool Inforced
- Majirel Cool Cover
- Majirel Glow
- Majirel High-Lift
Which Majirel product should I use on my client and why?
Majirel Fundamentals provides up to 100% coverage of white hair. It creates limitless colour possibilities with true-to-tone, long-lasting results. This formula is enriched with caring agents, Ionène G and Incell to strengthen, protect and maintain the integrity of your client’s hair for smooth, shiny results.
The Maji Contrast formula allows you to create tailor-made highlights for all your brunette clients. Create unique looks that complement pre-existing tones by softly lightening parts of the hair. The versatility is perfect for those who wish to have a subtle refresh.
Majirouge is ideally suited for clients looking for an intense bold red or copper colour, once again with long-lasting results. Add some spice to any look with vibrant, bright, and intense red tones. Dramatic and stylish for your adventurous clients who want to leave the salon feeling like a brand-new person.
Majirel Cool Inforced
Add soft and natural beige tones for clients who want to counteract brassiness between appointments. With a superior resistance to fading, Majirel Cool Inforced tints offer clients extended wear and offer stylists complete confidence.
Majirel Cool Cover
Neutralise unwanted warmth with deep, cool and opaque coverage. A must-have, this practical favourite is certain to be popular with professionals.
Majirel Glow is the range’s first translucent permanent hair colour, ensuring extreme luminosity with a subtle, neutral finish. With 18 intermixable shades offering more light reflects and less base colour intensity, it is easy to customise so that every client can enjoy extra shine with minimal commitment.
Providing up to 4.5 levels of lift, Majirel High-Lift perfects a host of different blonde shades. Create anything from ultra-cool tones to luminous platinum blondes with this one-step service. It is particularly fantastic because the tint is formulated with neutralisation reflects, keeping your client’s hair looking and feeling super cool.
How to use Majirel
Now that you’ve got to know this iconic product, it’s time to go back to the basics. Here is our guide on how to use Majirel:
- Your client’s colour journey begins by mixing one 50ml tube of Majirel in a 1 to 1.5 ratio with 75ml of 20 or 30 volume L’Oréal Professionnel cream oxydant
- Apply this to dry, unwashed hair and leave to develop for 35 minutes
- Once this has developed, rinse thoroughly until water runs clear, then use shampoo and conditioner – the Serie Expert range is ideal for this, such as Vitamo Color’s nurturing properties for coloured hair
Each colour client is unique, so depending on the look they want to achieve, we recommend the below:
- 12.5 vol: 0-1 level of lift – perfect for refreshing mid-lengths and ends
- 20 vol: Up to 2 levels of lightening and darkening colouring on the same depth
- 30 vol: Up to 3 levels of lightening
Look 1: Natural iridescent blonde
Read our tips below for your clients who dream of a clean, iridescent blonde look.
This look is best created on natural bases of 6 and above with previous highlighting service due to the underlying pigment, we need to consider no lower than an orange undercoat to be able to use Majirel High Lift to create a beautiful iridescent blonde from a permanent hair colourant.
- Start by mixing 25ml of Majirel High Lift, neutral and 25ml of Majirel High Lift, violet with 100ml of 30 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris cream oxydant on the first 10cm of the roots and then fuse into a balayage.
- On the lengths and ends, apply Dia Light 10-12 and 75ml 9 Vol. deactivator for that glossy and iridescent finish.
We recommend that your clients use Blondifier shampoo and conditioner, to gently cleanse the hair and emphasise the multi-dimensional shine of blonde hair at home.
Look 2: Copper golden blonde
Next up, we have the perfect copper blonde: the ideal client for this would be anyone with a natural base of 6/7. Now let’s get into how you can achieve this gorgeous look on your clients.
- Start by Mixing 12.5ml of Majirel 6-3 and 37.5ml of Majirel 6-45 and mix with 75ml of 20 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris oxydant.
- Apply to the roots in alternating sections on the first 10cm and first 15cm of the hair to create softness.
- Mix 50ml of Majirel 7-43 and 75ml 20 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris oxydant with 10-15ml of warm water.
- Take through lengths and ends for an ombré -like blend.
If your client already has pre-existing ombré or balayage, this works even better, as you can create a technique by utilising what is already there, working alongside the Dia range. If, however, the ombré or balayage needs a refresh, use the Blonde Studio range by L’Oréal Professionnel Paris to create this. We’d recommend using a freehand technique using Mutli-Techniques Bonder Inside to lighten and bond in one simple step.
Look 3: Light golden brown
If you have a colour-shy client with a natural base of 7, or maybe one who is looking to create a low-maintenance colour look, then look no further. The underlying pigment of yellow and orange makes it perfect for enhancing that golden shade, achieving a stunningly sun-kissed look. Add some extra flair with the pre-lightener using a low oxidant.
- Start by mixing 30g of Blond Studio freehand powder and 45ml of 20 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris oxydant to the lengths and ends using a balayage or foilage technique to add that extra touch of light. After development and lightness is achieved, rinse to remove pre-lightener and dry the hair.
- Mix Majirel 5-0 and 75ml of 20 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris oxydant and apply to the root area.
- Mix Majirel 7-3 and 75ml of 12.5 Vol L’Oréal Professionnel Paris oxydant, mixed with 10-15ml of warm water. Apply to the mid-lengths and ends.
- For added hydration, we recommend your clients use the Nutrifier range at home to nourish the hair and leave it feeling softer.
The Majirel range is the perfect addition to any hair salon. With intermixing properties, the host of tints can be used to create infinite looks for ever client. Add the range to your kit today with Ellisons.
* vs. condition of hair that does not contain Ionéne G