By Greta Couldridge, Mo Rosser and Sue Rosser 4th edition.
Mo Rossers unique, bestselling text has been fully updated with new photographs and a wealth of learning features to reinforce study and place the theory in the context of the salon.
In order to provide the most effective treatments for their clients, students and practitioners of beauty therapy need to fully comprehend the science that underpins each treatment.
This book enables you to understand the scientific aspects of both body and facial therapy, explaining the theory in an accessible yet comprehensive manner.
Therapies covered include: mechanical massage, vacuum suction, galvanic treatment, muscle stimulation, microcurrent treatments, microdermabrasion, infra-red and ultraviolet and heat therapy treatments.
- Learning and assessment guidance
- Section 1 - underpinning knowledge
- Chapter 1 health, safety and welfare
- Chapter 2 hygiene
- Section 2 - ethics, consultation and client care
- Chapter 3 ethics, planning, preparation and client consultation
- Section 3 - underpinning science
- Chapter 4 basic science
- Section 4 - treatments
- Chapter 5 high frequency treatment
- Chapter 6 mechanical massage
- Chapter 7 vacuum suction
- Chapter 8 galvanic treatment
- Chapter 9 muscle stimulation
- Chapter 10 microcurrent treatments
- Chapter 11 microdermabrasion
- Chapter 12 infra-red and ultraviolet
- Chapter 13 heat therapy treatments
- Case studies
- Appendix - underpinning science
Christmas delivery and opening hours
Ensure you place your order online by 8pm on Wednesday 20 December 2023 for pre-Christmas delivery.
Orders placed after 8pm Wednesday 20 and before 3pm Friday 22 December will be despatched however pre-Christmas delivery is not guaranteed. All orders placed after 3pm on Friday 22 December will be despatched on Tuesday 02 January 2024.
Please note according to the dates listed above orders will be dispatched the same day, however, next day delivery cannot be guaranteed due to the demands our delivery partners are experiencing during this time.
All click and collect orders are to be collected before 3pm on Friday 22 December for pre-Christmas collection.
UK mainland Arrow XL furniture orders placed after 12.00pm 15 December will be despatched on Wednesday 03 January 2024.
Northern Ireland, Scottish offshore, Isle of man and Chanel Island Arrow XL furniture orders placed after 12pm 08 December will be despatched on Wednesday 03 January 2024.
Phone lines will be closed from 3pm on Friday 22 December 2023 and will re-open on Tuesday 02 January 2024.
Delivery UK mainland
Order by 8pm for next day delivery* at no additional charge. (excludes furniture)
We aim to despatch all orders placed by 8pm however please allow up to two working days for delivery.
- UK mainland standard items delivery – £4.95
- UK mainland standard items over £50.00† – free
- UK mainland pallet deliveries will be charged at – £29.00 per order*
- UK mainland delivery and installation service – quoted on request
- Visit our Arrow XL page for more information.
Delivery UK Offshore
- UK offshore delivery including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Visit our delivery and returns page for more information.
*UK mainland only. Surcharges apply to the following locations
|The Channel Islands & Isles of Scilly||GY, JE, TR21, TR25||£83.00|
|Isle of Man||IM||£83.00|
|Scottish highlands and offshore||AB, DD8, DD11, IV, KW1 KW14, PA21 PA40, PH17, PH26, PH30, PH35, PH37,PH39, PH41, PH49, PH50, KW15, KW16, KW17, ZE, HS, PA20, PA41, PA49, PA60, PA75, PA77, PA78, KA27, KA28, PH42, PH44, IV40||£42.00|
*Monday to Thursday only
†UK mainland only, excludes large items of equipment. Subtotal must exceed £50.00 (excl. VAT and promotions)
**Excludes all items of furniture: couches, trolleys, chairs and stools, screens, nail stations etc.