By Greta Couldridge, Mo Rosser and Sue Rosser 4th edition.
Mo Rossers unique, bestselling text has been fully updated with new photographs and a wealth of learning features to reinforce study and place the theory in the context of the salon.
In order to provide the most effective treatments for their clients, students and practitioners of beauty therapy need to fully comprehend the science that underpins each treatment.
This book enables you to understand the scientific aspects of both body and facial therapy, explaining the theory in an accessible yet comprehensive manner.
Therapies covered include: mechanical massage, vacuum suction, galvanic treatment, muscle stimulation, microcurrent treatments, microdermabrasion, infra-red and ultraviolet and heat therapy treatments.
- Learning and assessment guidance
- Section 1 - underpinning knowledge
- Chapter 1 health, safety and welfare
- Chapter 2 hygiene
- Section 2 - ethics, consultation and client care
- Chapter 3 ethics, planning, preparation and client consultation
- Section 3 - underpinning science
- Chapter 4 basic science
- Section 4 - treatments
- Chapter 5 high frequency treatment
- Chapter 6 mechanical massage
- Chapter 7 vacuum suction
- Chapter 8 galvanic treatment
- Chapter 9 muscle stimulation
- Chapter 10 microcurrent treatments
- Chapter 11 microdermabrasion
- Chapter 12 infra-red and ultraviolet
- Chapter 13 heat therapy treatments
- Case studies
- Appendix - underpinning science
Delivery UK mainland
Order by 4pm for next day delivery* at no additional charge
Please note: orders placed on 30 March 2020 will be despatched on 31 March 2020.
- UK mainland standard items delivery – £3.95
- UK mainland standard items over £50.00† – free
- UK mainland pallet delivery (kerbside only) for large and heavy items e.g. furniture – £45.00
- UK mainland delivery and installation service – quoted on request
- UK offshore delivery including Northern Ireland, Channel Islands, Isle of Man – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Republic of Ireland (Eire) – from £20.00 per order or free over £150.00**
- Worldwide delivery – from £45.00 per order or free over €200.00
- Visit our delivery and returns page for more information.
Delivery UK Offshore
*Monday to Thursday only
†UK mainland only, excludes large items of equipment. Subtotal must exceed £50.00 (excl. VAT and promotions)
**Excludes all items of furniture: couches, trolleys, chairs and stools, screens, nail stations etc.
There’s nothing more exciting than planning new equipment for your salon. We offer a range of leasing solutions that will help spread the cost and enable you to furnish your salon with the furniture and equipment you desire.
- Unique and significant tax savings. The cost of leasing can be less than buying outright for cash
- Spread the cost and the VAT. Most customers can lease 100% of the cost and spread across the lease term
- Peace of mind. Leave your cash reserve alone for unplanned emergencies
Please note, to qualify for finance and leasing solutions, your order should reach a minimum spend of £1000 on equipment/furniture.