By Leah Palmer and Nicci Perkins.
Fully updated to support not only the NVQ/SVQ but also the VRQ qualification.
This fully updated candidate handbook is suitable for those undertaking NVQs/SVQs and VRQs at Level 2, covering mandatory and sufficient optional units to achieve all qualifications.
A chapter on employee rights and responsibilities and sign-posts to personal, learning and thinking skills in each unit provides additional support for those undertaking an apprenticeship.
Learners can access a companion website which includes assessment sheets to help them produce evidence for their portfolio as well as video clips of Andrew Barton, 2006 British Hairdresser of the Year and TVs favourite stylist providing inspirational advice.
Packed with glossy fashion photos and brand new step-by-step images to really inspire learners.
Listing 1, workplace environment:
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Health and safety
- Salon reception duties
- Giving clients a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Promote products and services to clients in a salon and display stock to promote sales in a salon
- Advise and consult with clients
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work and working in the hair industry
Contents listing 2, practical skills:
- Hairdressing, shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Style and finish hair and the art of dressing hair
- Set and dress hair
- Plait and twist hair
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- Cutting hair
- Colouring and lightening hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Attach hair to enhance a style
- Barbering/cutting mens hair
- Cutting facial hair
- Styling mens hair
- Answers to questions